Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mrs. Bicycle's Holiday Gift Guide

Merry Christmas, Hive!  I just love this time of year, especially now that I have children in my life.  There is such an innocence with them that all the family drama that tends to go along with major holidays just melts away.  The other night I walked upstairs to see how A was coming on brushing her teeth and she was counting something on her fingers as she was brushing.

Me: "Whatcha doing, A?"
A: "Counting the days until Christmas."

I mean, come on!  The only cloud over our Christmas this year is we decided last week to tell her that we are really behind the Elf on the Shelf.   It was rough.  Anyway, on to the fun!

WHAT I'VE ASKED SANTA FOR

I have wanted a pair of Hunter Wellies for a ridiculous amount of time.  They've been in my Zappos cart for...4 months?  5?  I haven't pulled the trigger because I don't need them but I want them so badly!

Image via Zappos
I should probably alert someone to the fact I want these (Mr. B?).  It should also be noted that I need the adjustable ones because I have freakishly large calves, probably due to the fact all my hobbies involve leg strength.  

Speaking of hobbies, now that I have changed my name I need to replace all of my riding stuff that has my old monogram on it.  I asked for a new tack trunk and a monogrammed cover would be a perfect compliment.
Image via Dover Saddlery


GIFTS I'M THINKING OF GETTING MR. BICYCLE

Mr. B is a runner and I know he would like some new running gear.  I bought him these bluetooth earbuds (JayBird BlueBuds X Sport), which means there will be no cord from his ears to his iPhone while he is running.

Image via Amazon

This fogless mirror from Amazon has been recommended by a few of my guy friends who love it.  Mr. B shaves in the shower and the mirror he uses always falls off the wall, which gets annoying.  It also always fogs up, which is why this fogless mirror would be a special treat.

Image via Amazon


I would like to get him some products to spruce up his skincare regimen.  I was thinking of this bundle by Origins:
Image via Origins
I would love suggestions of better male skincare bundles so please feel free to pass those along!  I also took advantage of a crazy Joseph A. Bank sale to get him a sweater and two ties, since he is always looking for wardrobe additions. 

GIFTS I'M THINKING OF GETTING MY PARENTS/IN LAWS

This is a toughie.  My mom is pretty much impossible to shop for, which has led me to just not get anything for her lately.  Horrible, I know.  I told her she could have my recently retired laptop so I may go ahead and clean it up and out and send it to her, maybe with some homemade baked goods.

We also do not usually get much for Mr. B's parents for Christmas, since we like all presents to be focused on the kids/grandchildren.  We will see them in the days before Christmas and we will bring a few bottles of wine and maybe some cookies that we make as a family.

We tend to order presents for Mr. B's mom from Uncommon Goods, which has a lot of unique gifts.  Her birthday was the week before last and we got her these glasses, which were a huge hit.

Image via Uncommon Goods
Is it me or is shopping for parents impossible? 

GIFTS FOR MY FAVORITE FRIENDS

My friends love a good monogram so I anticipate anything I give them will be monogrammed.  We don't really exchange presents, though, so I haven't yet decided what I will do this year.  I may make some homemade chai tea or hot chocolate mix and put it in an etched container.  I have done etching like this tutorial a few times and it is always popular.

Image via Keep Calm and Craft On
That about does it for Mrs. Bicycle's holiday gift guide.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment