Monday, September 16, 2013

Bicycle Invitation Reveal Part Two

I already showed you my envelopes so now it is time for the good stuff - the invitation itself. 

The main invitation is adhered to a gold pocket and when you flip it over you see:

When you take the cards out of the pocket this is what you see:

 



I wrote in the number of invited people so no one would get confused and think we wanted them to bring their sort-of boyfriend or their long-lost cousin or their kids. 

I then used an invisible pen to write a number on the corner of each card in case someone forgot to put their name and I am sad to say I've already needed to use it. 

I worked with Amanda at Karmanos Printing and Graphics to turn my inspiration into reality.  I cannot say enough good things about working with her.  She never made me feel bad for being a typical bride and changing my mind or wanting things done a specific way.  Their prices were shockingly reasonable.   The process was so much easier than I planned and I am so grateful I chose them. 

The invitations came in a lot of pieces and I had to do quite a bit of work to get them together:

  • adhere main invitation to front of pocket (using double-sided tape)
  • put postcard stamp on RSVP card
  • write in number of invited guests
  • write mystery ink number on card and note that number on my guest list spreadsheet
  • put three cards in the pocket
I did the majority of the work during a Saints preseason game while sipping champagne, which made it go by much faster.

So there you have it!  I love them and I have received a lot of compliments on them, which is always nice.  They set the tone for the wedding, which was my main goal. 

Did your invitations set the tone for your wedding? 

No comments:

Post a Comment