Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wedding Bands

This past Saturday Mr. B and I headed to the Gem Collection to pick out wedding bands.  We went in having a pretty good idea of what I would get, since they make a band with the same milgrain diamonds that are on the band of my engagement ring.  Here is a refresher of what my ring looks like:


The setting sits high enough up that I wasn't too worried about finding a band that would fit under it.


I decided to try on a few different options before looking at the milgrain but none looked quite right.  Then I put on the band that traditionally goes with my engagement ring and it was perfection.



It annoyed me when the bands would separate from each other, creating a gap between the rings.  The associate assisting us said they can solder them together so they do not move, which is what I plan on doing after the wedding.

Next up was Mr. B.  He wanted something simple and although we looked at a few options, this one stood out:


He liked the tiny bit of detail but he wanted it a tad thicker, which they could do.  He ordered it in white gold in 7 mm (the one above is 6 mm). 

Now all we have to do is wait for the store to tell us they are ready and we can start wearing them.  Oh wait, I guess we also need to do that whole "getting married" thing, too.  Then new rings! 

Was picking out wedding bands this easy for anyone else? 

No comments:

Post a Comment