Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Saying Yes to the Dress

Wedding dress shopping was something I feared for a while, mostly because I hate having a lot of attention but also because there is so much pressure.  What if I don't have that moment?  What if I don't know when I found the right dress?  What if I hate everything and have to travel out of Tallahassee to get my dress? 

I started (and ended) my search at Tallahassee's best bridal salon, Vocelles.  I know the owner Kristen through Bridesmaid Lemon and I had already been into the store a few times for various reasons.  When I saw they were having a Wtoo trunk show one weekend, I knew that would be my first wedding dress experience.  On Friday afternoon last November four of my bridesmaids brought champagne and cupcakes (it was my birthday weekend!) to Vocelles and we got down to business.

I knew I wanted something relatively classic and with straps - I hate pulling strapless dresses up all night and I did not want to do that on my wedding day.  I thought I wanted a fit and flare or something along those lines, meaning no ballgown for me.  We pulled a lot of options and I started trying them on.  It was so much fun!  I was amazed by how much I liked things I pulled "just for fun" and I came very close to saying yes to something strapless and full!  I tried on 8 or so dresses before I put on Greta by Watters.


Ahhhhh, this was it!!  I knew pretty much from the moment I put it on that this would be my dress.  When I came out to show my friends they all knew, too.   Kristen put a veil on me and it sealed the deal.

The plain satin belt that comes with it wasn't quite enough for me so we tried on a few different options before settling on this belt with Swarovski crystals. 



I am probably going to start wearing that belt to work.  Normal?


I said yes to the dress!  If that doesn't deserve a toast, I don't know what does.



I had so much fun with my bridesmaids that day and it was a lot less stressful than I thought it would be.  If you live anywhere near Tallahassee, I cannot recommend Vocelles enough.  I ended up getting my bridesmaid dresses and earrings from them as well and they have been a pleasure to work with. 

Did anyone else buy their dress on their first shopping trip?  Does anyone else love the little pink cans of Sofia champagne as much as I do?

All photos courtesy of Vocelles.

No comments:

Post a Comment