Thursday, April 3, 2014

Built for Two: Gifts, Gabbing, and Golf

Mr. B and I woke up early the Friday before the wedding, as we tend to do when we are traveling.  We went to breakfast at a local favorite, Goose Feathers, and then went back to the hotel to get ready for the day. We had about an hour to kill before we were scheduled to meet our friends for our respective activities - manicures and pedicures for the girls and golf for the guys. 

I don't know who suggested it but we decided to exchange our wedding presents that morning, in the quiet of our hotel room, before everything got crazy.  Mr. B gave me my first ever pair of diamond studs.  I gave him (well, I gave our new family) a brick on the Gator Walk, which is the walkway that leads to The Swamp, the stadium where the Florida Gators play football.  As you can see, it reads, "THE BICYCLE FAMILY / OCTOBER 26, 2013."  Below is a replica copy of the brick that we have displayed in our home.

Personal Photo
We met up with our friends in the lobby around 11 AM.  The guys were headed across the river for 18 holes at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, which is apparently a very nice course if you're into that sort of thing.  It is also where my photographer (from Tallahassee) got married about eight years earlier.  Small world!  The girls and I made the short walk to the Savannah Day Spa for manicures, pedicures, and champagne.  If you remember, I got a gel manicure at my usual salon in Tallahassee before I left for Savannah so that I knew I could trust the salon and like the outcome.  I very much enjoyed getting a pedicure that Friday with my best friends and getting the chance to catch up with those who live far away. 

The guys had a fun afternoon on the course and the weather was absolutely perfect.  We spent hours (maybe 4? 5?) at the salon getting our nails done and drinking copious amounts of champagne.  It was so much fun having everyone roll into town and get the weekend going.  In addition to my bridesmaids, I also invited the friend who was singing at our ceremony as well as the girlfriend of Mr. B's brother.  I am so happy I invited them - I really wanted to make sure everyone felt included and special. 

My sister and I eventually headed back to the hotel to take showers, order room service, and get ready for the rehearsal. 

Stay tuned, the rehearsal is next (and I have pictures of that!).

Miss a post?  Catch up here!
First, we got to Savannah and hosted a haunted pub crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment