Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Built For Two: We Rehearse!

We decided to have some friends meet in my hotel room for a little champagne toast before we headed to the rehearsal, which ended up being a really nice way to see everyone and get the evening started.  We walked from the hotel to Trinity United Methodist for our rehearsal, which started at 5:30 PM.  We arrived at the church and my photographer, Ashley Daniell Photography, just so happened to be there, checking out the space for the next day!  She has been the photographer for two of my bridesmaids so we took an "Ashley with her brides" picture before heading inside.

Photo by Bridesmaid Runner
Reverend Enoch Hendry led most of the rehearsal, although our Day of Coordinator was there to help as well.



At some point the back door of the church opened and I turned to see what was going on.  It was then that it hit me - all those people were there for us.  I couldn't believe it and when I expressed my shock to Mr. B he gently reminded me that they were there because they love us and we invited them.  Still, I just couldn't process that people were in a church in Savannah at 5:30 on a Friday evening because of us.  The emotions were overwhelming but I managed to keep it together and quickly dry the tears that formed. 

Our rehearsal was pretty casual and drama-free (yay!).  We ran through everything twice and we did not have any concerns for the next day.


We decided to have our Best Man and Maid of Honor stand with us, while the rest of the wedding party sat in the first row of pews.  With ten bridesmaids and seven groomsmen, it was just too many people to stand at the front.

My favorite picture from the rehearsal is the one below - Mr. B was clearly excited to seal the deal.


With the rehearsal complete, it was time to head to the rehearsal dinner and welcome reception.

Was anyone else overwhelmed by the fact people actually showed up to their wedding? 

All photos by Groomsman Rep unless otherwise noted.

Miss a recap?  Get caught up here!
  • First, we got to Savannah and hosted a haunted pub crawl.
  • Then we spent the day getting our nails done and playing golf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment