Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Built For Two: Let's Roll!

Remember me?  If you don't, get caught up here:
 Now that you're all caught up, let's get this show on the road!  We were leaving for Savannah on the Thursday before the wedding and since I had to work on Wednesday, I decided to take Tuesday off to get everything done that needed to be finalized.  I got a gel manicure at my favorite place in Tallahassee (with plans to get a pedicure with my friends in Savannah), I got a facial, I boxed up all the candles and table names.  I got everything done and Wednesday at work was pretty much torture.  After work I headed out to the barn to ride for the last time as a single woman and then Mr. B and I met for dinner at the place where it all began, Momo's. 

Personal photo / The Bicycles at Momo's (not that night)

Thursday morning, we packed up our rental SUV with everything we needed for the wedding.  Somehow it all fit! 

Personal photo
You may notice the case of champagne in the lower left corner.  Buying 10 bottles of champagne and 4 bottles of red wine at Trader Joe's at 10 AM on a Tuesday got me some weird looks but I couldn't not have libations for the weekend's festivities!  Yes, throughout the weekend we did manage to finish everything (and then some).

The 4.5 hour drive to Savannah was uneventful but exciting - we were driving to our wedding!!  When we finally got to our home base for the weekend, The Andaz Savannah, there was a slight mix-up with our rooms but they brought us a glass of wine and I managed to stay calm.  We eventually got settled in, met my sister in her room for a drink, and then headed out for the night's festivities - dinner and a haunted pub crawl!  We joined a group of friends at Moon River Brewing Company for dinner before heading to what was supposed to be a private group haunted pub crawl, but which ended up being just the regularly scheduled pub crawl - no biggie!  Mr. B and I had been on this tour a few times before so I don't know if it was that we already knew the stories or if our guide wasn't particularly entertaining, but none of us were as into it as we expected.

Our enthusiasm grew exponentially when we got to 17 Hundred 90 and ran into Mr. B's dad, stepmother, brother, and brother's girlfriend.  Our group decided to leave the tour at that point and we ended up closing the bar at 17 Hundred 90 down.  It was so much fun, probably even more so because we weren't expecting it.  The night had the outcome we wanted - our friends from different areas of our lives got to know each other, setting the stage for a fun weekend. 

Up next:  The girls get pampered while the guys hit the links.  (We also manage to fit in a rehearsal.)


No comments:

Post a Comment