Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Pin-teresting, Pin-spired Wedding

Serious question here: How did people plan weddings before Pinterest?  It has been such a useful resource for me - I keep all of my inspiration on my wedding board, everything from flowers to jewelry to cookies to sparkler exits.  It is all right there in one neat, easily accessible spot.  A look at my boards:

Personal Screen Shot/Photo
Yes, my friends and I have a shared board called "Bloody Good," which is dedicated to Bloody Marys.  What of it?  I also have a whole board dedicated to baby animals and one for New Orleans.  These are all essential in my book.  For today, though, lets focus on my "Wedding!" board.  (Side note:  all of my wedding-related folders have an exclamation point and some even go as far as a smiley face.)

A few snapshots of my inspiration:

Personal Screen Shot/Photo

My favorite ideas from above both have to do with wine.  The first is asking the bartender to save the corks from your wedding reception for you to use later, to make a monogram or other project for the home.  I love this!  The second is using corks as table number holders, which we definitely plan on doing.  You may not be able to see the conversation below it so I will repeat here:

Friend RJ:  We used these, too!  They were from Etsy and we got them with no ribbon.  Turned out great!
Miss Bicycle:  Did you plan your whole wedding on Etsy? :) Mr. B and I have decided to dedicate our efforts to consuming enough wine during our engagement to make these ourselves.  It will be a lot of work but we are willing to make the sacrifice.

And we really are trying our hardest!  I would love to have all of those memories at our reception - and if you think about it, that's what a wine cork symbolizes.  A celebratory dinner, a relaxing night by the fire, the joy of hearing the un-corking sound after a particularly tough day...

Personal Screen Shot/Photo
My favorite from above is the sign that reads: "Today, two families become one.  So pick a seat, not a side."  This seems to be popping up all over Pinterest and I don't care how trendy it is - I like the sentiment.  Also, Martha Stewart's tips for addressing invitations is clutch. 

In addition to my own board I also have a shared board where my friends (not just bridesmaids) pin suggestions.  It has been so much fun seeing what they come up with.

Personal Screen Shot/Photo
Personal Screen Shot/Photo
You'll see two Etsy suggestions from Friend RJ here, which explains the Etsy comment during our conversation above.  Also, I just noticed Bridesmaid Danger's pin is described as "Champagne diets."  I guess I am on this diet and didn't even realize it!

Personal Screen Shot/Photo
I highly suggest doing a shared board with your friends if you are in the planning process.  Or if you love Bloody Marys, as it is just as helpful for that, too. 

Does anyone else rely as heavily on Pinterest as I do?  Does anyone wish this was around when they were planning?  If you didn't use it, how did you keep everything together?

No comments:

Post a Comment