Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Cutest Flower Girl In History

You may remember that we weren't planning on having a flower girl.  Well, in an effort to have the biggest bridal party known to man, we actually are having one!  I have thought for a while that this would happen, I guess I was just in denial.

Mr. B has two sisters and a brother.  One of his sisters has a daughter and a son.  Her daughter, let's call her Pad, is five and she is my best friend.  Seriously.  Well, OK - Mr. B is my best friend but Pad is a close second.  Don't believe me?  A few weeks ago I came home to this:

Personal photo
Yes, she sent me a picture of us from when I was visiting her in Albuquerque at Thanksgiving.  My heart almost melted.  Here is a real picture of that day:

Personal Photo
Her personality is even more adorable than her cute little face.  Although they live on the other side of the country, we have an amazing time when we are together.  Want another cute picture of her?  OK!

Nap time with Tabasco, Christmas 2011 / Personal Photo
The main reason we didn't ask her to be our flower girl to begin with was we didn't know if her mom was planning on bringing the kids to the wedding.  We felt bad "forcing" her to bring them by having one of them in the wedding.  Flying from Albuquerque to Savannah will be expensive enough and we did not want to pressure her to bring the kids, adding expense and stress.  Pad and her family came to Florida for spring break and we took the opportunity to figure out what we would do.  Mr. B's sister said bringing the kids wasn't even a question - they would kill her if she didn't bring them!  We asked her if we could ask Pad to be our flower girl and she was so touched and of course said we could.

The next day I took Pad for her very first mani/pedi, a perfect opportunity to ask!  She was ready for our big day, that's for sure:

Personal Photo
I casually asked her on the way to the salon and she was so excited!  What would she wear?  Could she wear heels?  How would she do her hair?  Could she wear lipstick? 

Personal Photo
Although the details of her wedding day look are still being ironed out, I think I will have my mom make her dress (again - I do not like most dresses made for girls in weddings).  Our church does not allow for real petals to be dropped on the ground so I will either buy fake ones or simply have her carry one of those flower balls down the aisle. 


Image via Rebecca's Silver Rose / Photo by Trawick Images
We will be OK having a flower girl without a ring bearer, right?  Does anyone have suggestions to alternatives to real flower petals?

Oh, and in case you're wondering - first mani/pedi was a major success!
Personal Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment