Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Bling!

I got so many sweet compliments on my ring so I thought everyone might appreciate hearing the story of how it ended up on my hand.

FYI, polish color is OPI "Mod About You" / Personal Photo
About a year before we got engaged, a friend of mine asked if I would go ring shopping with her.  She and her boyfriend had been together a few years and Mr. B and I were getting pretty serious so I agreed.   We thought each guy would most likely ask us what their girlfriend liked in a ring, so it would be helpful if we knew what we liked.

We went to a local jewelry store and were immediately treated like royalty, wine in hand.  We looked at all sorts of designs but both of us were pretty much in love with the same thing - a cushion cut with a halo. The store took our information and what we liked/didn't like so that our boyfriends could come in and know what we wanted.   I told Mr. B what we did that day and what I liked, knowing a proposal was not in the near future.

Photo courtesy of Bridesmaid Lemon
Well, it turns out Mr. B went to that same store, hoping to use my file as guidance.  They somehow no longer had a record of my visit but Mr. B knew the two most important things - cushion cut and a halo.  He said it was the most expensive 15 minutes of his life. :)

The kids were with him when he went back to pick it up and he kept it in his son's closet until that early morning at the airport.  He did such a great job and I am in love with it!

Photo courtesy of Bridesmaid Lemon
We took a trip to the jewelry store to have it cleaned and we decided to take a look at wedding bands for me.  I looked at a milgrain eternity band, which matched the band on my e-ring perfectly.  The associate made either a huge mistake or an amazing suggestion, depending on your perspective.  She suggested putting a band on each side of my e-ring, creating a huge chunk of diamond on my finger.  It.  Looked.  Amazing.  Mr. B didn't seem as excited as I was, suggesting a second band would be a good idea for a major anniversary.  OK, OK.  I already have the ring of my dreams - I don't need two wedding bands.

So that's the story of my ring.  Tell me yours!  Did anyone else look before a proposal was even a possibility?

No comments:

Post a Comment