Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Built for Two: Reunited and it Feels So Good

Throughout our 14-month engagement we went back and forth about whether or not to do a first look.  We decided about a month out that we would, partially for logistics and partially for peace.  I spent the entire wedding day waiting to see Mr. B and I don't think I could have handled waiting an additional few hours, so to say I am happy we did a first look would be an understatement.

Our photographer left my room and headed down to the lobby where the guys were waiting.  Best Man Rep caught this photo of Ashley asking, "Are you ready for your first look?"

Unless noted, all photos by Ashley Daniell Photography

Photo by Best Man Rep
Mr. B headed to a little park across the street from the hotel and I came down the elevator when the coast was clear.  Entering the world as a bride was nerve-racking but this is what I saw when the elevator doors opened in the lobby:


Nerves - calmed.  I walked into the absolutely gorgeous day to meet up with my groom.  We didn't plan any elaborate first look, just the usual tap on the shoulder to get the job done.


It was so nice to be reunited with my groom!  Two things to note, though.  You can probably see in the last picture before I reach him that I appear to be looking at his shoulder.  The second shooter had him standing by some trees which were surrounded by pine straw.

The pine straw was slippery and Mr. B went down, getting his jacket a little dirty.  Of course that was the first thing I noticed as I approached him.  Poor guy!  The second thing I noticed (after a hug and a kiss and oooh-ing and ahh-ing, of course) was the fact that he put his bow tie on upside-down.
Oops.  He decided to keep it that way and when he asked if I wanted him to change it, we both decided that it would be a fun detail that it was upside-down.  I don't think anyone noticed and it became sort of an inside joke. 

After our reunion we were headed out to wander the streets of Savannah!

Miss a recap? Get caught up here!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment