Friday, June 20, 2014

Built for Two: We Process

The trolley dropped us off at Trinity United Methodist, where the guys hung out downstairs and the girls got freshened up upstairs.  When it was time to get the ceremony started, the groomsmen and Mr. B lined up at the altar and the girls went around the side of the building to come in the front door.




Our program was designed by our day-of coordinator, Adrianne Kautz.  She also designed our table names and the seating chart and we could not have been happier with the way everything turned out!




Although the church has a gorgeous organ, we decided to use a string duet, Two Strings are Better Than One.  They were wonderful!


The mothers came in to "Air" and the bridal party processed to "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring," both by Bach. 



Junior Bridesmaid / Stepdaughter A was a little nervous to walk down the aisle so my sister-in-law walked with her.


I love this picture of Flower Girl Pad getting ready for her big moment.  The church did not allow us to scatter petals, so she simply carried a mini calla lily bouquet.
 

Funny story:  For whatever reason, the procession seemed to take forever to start.  It was staring to get to me and I turned to Bridesmaid Nole and said, "Whatever you have to do to get us in that church, do it!"  I am not a patient person and I didn't understand why we were waiting around.  Pad turned to me in her adorable five-year-old voice and said, "There is a thing called patience and you need to know about it!"  Well.  I just got told, didn't I?  Shortly after that we were on track and running smoothly.

And with that, it was almost time for my grand entrance.  But first, a special tribute.

Miss a recap? Get caught up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment