Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Party!

No, this isn't about our reception, which I am sure will end up being one of the most amazing parties our guests have ever experienced.  This is about something much more important - our bridal party!

I knew from the get-go that we would most likely have lopsided sides of the bridal party and I was okay with that.  When thinking of who I wanted to stand with me as I married Mr. B, one question came to mind: Who do I want to get ready with on my wedding day?  Who would I miss if they weren't there with me, getting our hair and makeup done together?  Who do I want to distract me with dance parties and mimosas in case I get nervous or stressed?  OK, that's more than one question but you get the idea!

I am blessed to have so many amazing women in my life.  I have college friends, work friends, adult friends, etc.  I will go ahead and cut to the chase here.  I have ten bridesmaids.  Ack!  I know, I know.  None of them were people I included for the sake of including them - they are all people I love deeply and would feel incomplete if they weren't getting ready with me.

Oh, add to that a junior bridesmaid (Mr. B's daughter). We aren't having a ring bearer or flower girl so it all evens out, right?
 
At least we won't be this big -
Tony Romo's wedding (Image via The Today Show / Photo by Badgley Mischka)
Yes, apparently she separated her bridesmaids by hair color.
Mr. B has six groomsmen, which made it easy for us to decide how the processional will go.  Mr. B and his best man will be up front at the beginning and then the wedding party will walk down the aisle in groups of 3 (2 bridesmaids for each groomsman).  I'm sure the guys will feel awesome walking two beautiful women down the aisle, especially Mr. B's 12 year old son!

I wanted to ask my ladies in a big/grand/Pinterest-inspired way but time was not on my side.  I called the women who do not live near me and asked the others over dinner or a glass of wine and they all said yes!  These women have already been such a wonderful presence in my life and I cannot wait to see how much fun we have in the months ahead.

Is it crazy to have ten bridesmaids?  Or would it be crazy to not include everyone who is so special to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment