Monday, February 4, 2013

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog!  I realized that I am in the middle of a project that will take a year to plan and then be over in an instant - our wedding!  I wanted a place to memorialize all of my ideas, agony, victories, and fun throughout the planning process.  So here we are!

First, let me begin by telling you a bit about myself and my future husband.  I grew up in New York/Connecticut and made my way to New Orleans to attend Tulane University.  Although I left the city during Katrina, a part of it will always be in my heart.  That is probably why I am having a very New Orleans-inspired wedding (more on that to come!).  I now live in Tallahassee, Florida and work for the State Senate.

Working for the state introduced me to many people and opportunities, but the most important of them all is my future husband!  Geoffrey grew up in the Tampa area and attended the University of Florida.  He made his way to Washington, DC before finally settling in Tallahassee.

We met through work about seven years ago and for the first five years we were simply good friends.  In October of 2010 I moved to Tallahassee permanently and Geoffrey was in the process of ending his first marriage.  Our friendship grew stronger and the rest is history.  Geoffrey has two children who will both have a role in our special day.

So who are we?

We like to travel.
In Columbia, SC after the USC/Florida football game
 We like endurance sports.
Before running the Chicago Marathon


We go to a lot of Gator football games, travel as much as we can, eat as many nice meals as we can, and swim/bike/run to make up for the rest of it.

We aren't your average couple.  We have 16 years between us and Geoffrey has a daughter and son from his first marriage.  We make it work and we are excited to start the next chapter of our lives together. 

I am excited to share this journey with the outside world and I look forward to feedback!

KH

No comments:

Post a Comment