Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Hairy Situation

In case you missed my first (and I thought only!) entry in the hair drama journal, click here for some background.  Long story short: Mr. B made it clear to me that he does not want my hair fully up, even though I love having an up-do.  I then bought a dress that led me to believe my hair needs to be up.  I thought I could get away with it.

Flash forward to a few days ago: I was messing around with my hair, putting it up in crazy styles and asking Mr. B what he would do if I walked down the aisle like that.  At one point he very seriously said he knew I would not "do that to him" and that he knew I would have my hair "showing in some way."  Cue panic.  What?!  Why did I think he would be OK with my hair being up?! 

Well, now I am back to the drawing board and I need some help.  My original compromise style inspiration was this:

Image via Style Me Pretty / Photography by Chris Bailey Photography / Event design by Keely Thorne Events
I do not plan on showing my dress but I will tell you this - it has a very pretty keyhole back, similar to this:
Image via Fox Gown
I cannot have my hair covering that beautiful back, can I?  But apparently I cannot wear it up.  So what am I supposed to do?  Well, the idea hit me - what about a curly side ponytail?  Let's look at some inspiration:
Image via Style Bistro
Image via Celebrity Hairstyles
Image via Total Beauty
Or I could just have it all technically "down" but curled and to the side like this:
Image via Kook Hair
Image via Indulgy / Girl Meets Glam
What do you guys think?  Can I still wear a veil if my hair is down-ish like these?  Is there some compromise I am missing?  Am I going to be completely annoyed with my hair all day and worry about it frizzing, un-curling, getting in my way, and just generally being a pain in my side?  (That last one was rhetorical.  I know the answer.)

2 comments:

  1. You can absolutely wear a veil with your hair down. I think there HAS to be a compromise between updo and DOWN down. I will start brainstorming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think veils are gorgeous with loose hair! The last picture looks pretty and effortless :)

    ReplyDelete