Monday, May 6, 2013

A Roaring Good Time

You guys, I have some of the best friends in the world.  In January four of my local bridesmaids (Lemon, Nole, BOC, and Danger) banded together to throw us a seriously amazing engagement party.  A speakeasy has recently opened in Tallahassee and Mr. B and I love to go when we have a free night (and can get a reservation!).  Our bridesmaids took this and ran with it.



Personal Photo
They set up a special gmail account and google phone number so people could RSVP and receive the password.
Photo by Bridesmaid Lemon
By telling you the password, I am going to reveal a very strange fact about myself.  The password was "manatee."  I am completely terrified of manatees.  Yes, I am aware of how irrational this fear is but it is something I have been battling for quite a few years now.  I think it stems from the fact that we didn't have them where I grew up and when I started doing triathlons I would practice my open water swimming in a river that is full of them.  The thought of running into one while swimming seriously strikes fear in me.  Yes, I am crazy.  Moving on...

Danger, BOC, Miss Bycicle, Lemon, Nole (Personal Photo)
 They decorated every corner of Lemon's house and it looked amazing.

Photos by Bridesmaid Lemon
They even set up a faux-to booth, complete with props and "Flapper Flair" for your hair! 

Photos by Bridesmaid Lemon
The food and drinks were amazing as well.  They had our favorites - bruschetta, dips, and cupcakes.

Photos by Bridesmaid Lemon




In addition to beer and wine, there was also a signature drink, "The Bee's Knees."

Photo by Bridesmaid Lemon

It is one thing to have a theme party where the food and drink match the style.  It takes it to a whole different level when the people get into it, too!

Bridesmaid Danger, Friends DC and RJ // Friend Christmas, Bridesmaid Nole (Photos by Bridesmaid Lemon)
Friend Delt, Mr. Bicycle, Miss Bicycle // Miss Bicycle, MOH/Sister NYC (Personal photos)
Groomsman Godfather & his wife, Mr. Bicycle, Miss Bicycle (Personal photo)
One of our friends gave us these fabulous Mr. & Mrs. glasses, complete with a mustache and lipstick kiss.  And yes, I do drink champagne out of my glass on a regular basis - wouldn't you?

Personal photos
We loved having most of the important people in our lives together for the evening.  It was a great opportunity for everyone to meet and enjoy good food and drinks.  Of course as the night came to an end we did what we always end up doing - epic dance party!

Bridesmaid Danger & Miss Bicycle (Personal photo)

I know everyone thinks they have the best bridesmaids but as you can see, mine really are the best!  I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends and I can't wait to celebrate with everyone in October. Did you have a themed engagement party?  Or an engagement party at all?

In case you are wondering, the dress I am wearing is Badgley Mischka "Sparkle in the Sky" from Rent the Runway.)



No comments:

Post a Comment