Monday, May 13, 2013

Registration Station

Let me get this out of the way - I hate receiving gifts. It makes me feel really awkward and I don't usually react well, even when it is something I genuinely love.  I am getting married, though, and getting gifts is just something about the experience I need to get over.  Hey, at least we probably won't have to open our gifts in front of our guests, aside from maybe my bridal shower.  I do not expect anyone to give us a gift - especially since everyone has to travel for our wedding - but if our friends and family decide to be extra generous, I wanted to make sure they have some direction of what we can use.

I knew I wanted one nice-ish store and one everyday store, in addition to a honeymoon registry.  The everyday store was a no-brainer - Target!  There is one in almost every town and they have great values.  The higher end store wasn't quite as easy but we eventually narrowed it down to Williams-Sonoma or Crate & Barrel.  We ended up picking C&B because we liked their options the best and they just introduced a great flat-rate shipping policy. 

We've had a list going for a while of what we wanted to register for in order to avoid picking things because they caught our eye (although that did happen!) or missing things we didn't think of.  At C&B we are registered for a lot of our basics. 

Aspen Salad Plate / Image via Crate & Barrel
Aspen Bowl / Image via Crate & Barrel
Voletta 5-Pice Placesetting / Image via Crate & Barrel
I originally intended to register for run-of-the-mill pots and pans but when I saw Mrs. Wallaby's post about her registry, all of a sudden my kitchen would feel neglected without some Le Creuset beauty.  We are currently registered for the following:

Le Creuset In 5-Piece Cookwear Set / Image via Crate & Barrel 

 (5-Piece Le Creuset® Ink Cookware Set: 1.25 qt. precision pour saucepan with lid, 5.5 qt. round french oven with lid and 10" skillet)
Le Creuset 10.5" Oblong Ink Grill Pan / Image via Crate & Barrel

Le Creuset 3.5 qt. Wide Round Ink French Oven w/ Lid / Image via Crate & Barrel
We don't have a whole lot on the Target list, the main item being:

The ultimate registry item / Kitchen Aid Artisan 5 qt. Stand Mixer / Image via Target
We also have lots of random kitchen gadgets and fancy ice cube trays (they really do make a difference!) but we don't have a ton of stuff since we already live in a fully functioning home.  We are using this experience to upgrade some items that have seen better days and acquire items I've been lusting after but haven't bought myself.  Great example - we are currently using the dishes Mr. B got for his first wedding.  I am super excited about replacing those. 

In addition to the registries above, we also plan on doing a honeymoon registry.  I know some people think this is tacky but as a guest at many weddings, I find it really fun and helpful.  I prefer buying someone an upgrade at their hotel over writing them a check for the equivalent amount.  Our honeymoon destination isn't completely settled yet (soon, hopefully!) but once it is I will get going on setting up this registry.  I know there are a lot out there - Honeyfund, Honeymoon Wishes, and HoneyLuna, just to name a few. 

So now for a lot of questions:  Am I missing anything?  What item did you register for that you think every couple needs?  Should I take any of these items away?  Any good recommendations and/or tips for a honeymoon registry?  Is Le Creuset really as amazing as it seems?

No comments:

Post a Comment