Monday, June 10, 2013

Savannah Scouting: Reception Venue

Mr. B and I spent a few days in Savannah to work on wedding details, eat too much delicious food, and enjoy beautiful weather.  This is an entry in a recap of that trip. 

Going back to our reception venue, Garibaldi, was one of the main goals of mine for this trip.  I wanted to get a good view of of everything and have physical pictures to look at when planning, instead of just referring to the pictures in my mind.  Let me tell you - it did not disappoint.  Take a look at our gorgeous reception space:




The setup will be different than pictured here.  We will have round tables that seat ten and the area at the far end of the above picture (against the windows) will be the dance floor/DJ area.   There will be table service but people will also be able to order drinks from the gorgeous bar.


The lighting is so much prettier than I remembered.


And there are gorgeous mirrors along the walls.  


Chiavari chairs are included, which I love. 


They also have these neat mercury glass candle holders -  I am seriously considering using these along with the floral centerpieces. 


Did you notice the woman talking to Mr. B in the third picture?  She is Garibaldi's special events coordinator and she is who I have been working with exclusively.  Our visit was her last day at Garibaldi - she is going to Norway to be with her sick mother.  Cue panic?  Not really - I've been pretty good about not freaking out about it.  They have someone temporarily in her spot and they are searching for a permanent replacement.  I am confident they will find someone in a timely manner and since I am doing most of the organization/planning myself, it isn't a huge deal.

So there we have it - this is where we will spend the evening watching old friends connect with new ones, dancing our first dance as husband and wife, and eating delicious food (and cake!).  I am trying to think of a way to make the linens not so starkly white, potentially with a navy runner or something else.  Please send suggestions if you have any!

Did anyone else lose a coordinator mid-way through planning?  Isn't this venue just beautiful?

(All photos personal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment