Monday, October 14, 2013

Candles, Candles Everywhere

Our venue has beautiful chandeliers and mirrors and I have known all along that I don't need to do a whole lot to add to the decor.  I went back and forth for months about what I wanted to do about centerpieces before finally deciding on something and going full steam ahead.  I decided to accent our (so fabulous I cannot wait to share!) table names with lots of candles.  I went around town collecting different sized containers that I could then paint gold to match our colors.  I bought one can of regular gold spray paint and one can of "webbing" spray paint, which came out...well..like a web!  It wasn't what I was expecting but I love the way it worked out.  Here were my supplies:


I started spraying the containers and let my inspiration guide me.  I ended up with three different options - lightly sprayed gold, heavily sprayed gold, and webbed gold.




 
I knew I needed to see them lit (as they would be at the wedding) to decide what I liked and didn't like.  It should be noted I also wanted to know how long each different candle I bought would burn so I spent an entire Sunday at home watching candles melt (and watching football). 



Don't mind the major streak on the left...

It is hard to tell from the pictures but the ones with the webbing look pretty great.  The plain gold ones add a nice accent as well.  They are all different sizes, which I think will add a neat level of uniqueness.

Originally I planned on having vases with calla lilies on the tables as well but yesterday's mock-up made me realize that will not work.  I want the table name to be the focus (more on that coming soon, I promise!) and the candles will be a nice accent.

My only concern is how to group them, keeping in mind our tables are 60 inch rounds.  Should I put them in a circle?  In bunches on each side of the table name?  Randomly scattered? 

Did anyone else decide to forgo flowers in their centerpieces?  I'm OK with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment