Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Savannah Square Table Names

You guys, I am so excited to share this with you!  This is something I've been working on for months and months and I am finally ready for the big reveal.  Our Day Of Coordinator, Adrianne Kautz, also does graphic design.  I had a vision and she took it to the next level.  We decided that instead of table numbers we would be using table names - and not just any names, the names of Savannah's famous squares.  We wanted a map with the name on one side with a description of the square on the other.  Adrianne knocked it out of the park.



We knew we wanted to incorporate wine corks into the table names as well so we saved up corks throughout our engagement to use.  Now our reception will be filled with memories made over a bottle of wine - so perfect.  I adhered two pieces of ribbon together to get the look I wanted and then glued the ribbon to the corks.  I found hot glue worked best.  I then glued the corks to a little piece of wood that I had painted wood in order to make sure they were stable.  You may also notice the same wax fleur de lis that I used in our invitations.  This added a little something extra while providing a cover for the place where the ribbon came together.

As I mentioned in my centerpiece trial post we plan on having these as the main focus of the tables with small gold candles scattered throughout. 

I know it is weird to be excited about table names but this is probably my favorite detail of our reception.  It is unique and perfect for our wedding.  I can't wait to see how it all works together!  Did anyone else make their table names a focus?

All photos personal, design by Adrianne Kautz.

No comments:

Post a Comment