Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Risky Business

I have my final dress fitting tonight and I am caught in a tough spot.  My dress has lace straps and a keyhole back and it was pretty "baggy" when I first got it.  I went to my first alterations appointment and the seamstress moved the straps in a way that made the whole dress fit better.  It was a lot easier and cheaper to just move up the straps than to bring the whole dress in.  Well, I went back last week for my final fitting and I didn't love the way it looked.  It still seemed big up top but I couldn't express myself well enough for her to really do anything about it. 

Not at all related, just funny / via cheezburger.com
She needed to re-do the bustle and I am going back tonight for my final fitting.  The whole time she was working on the bustle I was pulling at the top of the dress.  She finally said I needed to decide that night if I wanted to do anything about it but I just let it go.  I have not been able to stop thinking about it since.  I want it to fit perfectly - is that too much to ask?

Add to this the fact that my mother is a seamstress - a seamstress who lives 1000 miles away from me.  On Sunday I mentioned to her the craziest idea I've had in this process: What if she gets to Savannah on Thursday and alters my dress for me 2 days before my wedding?  I would be more comfortable telling her exactly what I want and she would have me there to make small changes as she works.  It could be perfect!  Or I could end up like Gob Bluth:

Via Panda Whale
Is this the craziest idea I could have at this point?  Should I make a stink at tonight's fitting to get my dress the way I want it while still in Tallahassee?  Should I just accept the dress as it is?  Has anyone else done final alterations days before their wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment