Friday, October 4, 2013

We're Doing It!

A few nights ago Mr. B and I met with our photographer, the lovely and talented Ashley Daniell.  We've been debating the first look idea for quite some time and I loved all the feedback I received when I posted about it here.  After discussing the subject for entirely too long we decided to go for it - we are doing a first look!

I hate to say it but the decision came down to logistics.  The sun sets at 6:40 PM on our wedding day and our ceremony begins at 5:00 PM.  This doesn't leave a whole lot of time for pictures after the wedding, does it?   We want to be able to take our couples portraits in a relaxed setting and not feel rushed to beat the sunset and get back to our guests.  We will still do some portraits after the ceremony to catch the beautiful light of the "golden hour" but this won't be when we do the majority of them. 

A preview of things to come (from Bridesmaid BOC's wedding) / Image by Ashley Daniell Photography
Now is when I need some help!  Does anyone have advice on how to do a first look?  Any tips for what not to do?  Location suggestions?  I am really just excited that I get to see my groom before 5 PM on our wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment