Thursday, July 31, 2014

Built for Two: Call Me Maybe

All photos by Ashley Daniell Photography

What has to happen during a wedding to get a reaction like this?


Well, one way to get your audience in stitches during your Maid of Honor toast is to play a video of the bride and groom dancing to "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen.  Something along these lines:



Let me back up for a minute.  About a year before our wedding Mr. B and I visited my sister in New York City.  She was going through a phase (is it over yet?) of making videos set to popular songs.  She sat us down on her couch and had us play along to "Call Me Maybe," a favorite song of mine.  Stepdaughter A was also a fan of the song so we had some moves that we would all do when it would come on.  Well, fast forward to her toast.  And the projector and screen came out.  And I panicked.  I knew she was going to play it and Mr. B and I thought about trying to stop it but Bridesmaid Doc told me about how things went down that day.

During our first look my bridesmaids were killing time in the hotel suite and my sister showed everyone the video, thinking they would all find it cute (and very much us).  They became instantly obsessed and someone suggested playing it at the reception.  Bridesmaid NOLA, fresh off a work trip, happened to have a projector with her.  Garibaldi's was able to secure a screen.  The rest is history.


My sister said some nice things about us and then introduced the video.  I cannot remember a time I was more nervous but it turns out it was probably the most memorable part of the reception - in a good way.  I have never seen an entire room erupt in laughter for three minutes straight.



It was cheek-hurting laughter.



I don't know how or why, but immediately after the video we spontaneously reenacted it on the dance floor.  The DJ must have put it on and we did the only thing we could - dance!


I cannot think of a better way for my sister to have toasted us.


builtfo08
Miss a recap? Get caught up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment