Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Built for Two: Golden Pictures

Throughout the timeline planning process, our photographer kept mentioning getting some portraits in the "golden hour," which did not make a lot of sense to me but we went with it anyway.  After the ceremony our guests and bridal party took the trolley to the reception at Garibaldi while Mr. B and I took a horse-drawn carriage to Orleans Square for some final portraits.  I kept notes of different squares throughout our trips to Savannah and decided Orleans Square would be our best location for pictures.

Unless noted, all photos by Ashley Daniell Photography



The "golden hour" light was perfect and we were finally able to relax.



It was difficult for us to keep straight faces but we tried our best.


Ashley had us look sultry at points, but sometimes that didn't exactly work out.





It was right about now that I asked Ashley if she ever had people tell her enough - no more pictures!  Although we were having fun and enjoying being married, I was just about done smiling on command.  Luckily it was our scheduled time to head to Garibaldi and get the reception started.  Cocktail hour was going on without us, complete with open bar and delicious fruits and cheeses.



Photo by Best Man Rep

 We got to Garibaldi and I said goodbye to our friend Salt, giving him a treat.

Photo by Best Man Rep
Our Garibaldi coordinator, Meghan, was there to greet us with cocktails and a cheerful, "I hear you like bubbles!" as she handed me a glass of champagne.  Perfection. 

Photo by Best Man Rep
My veil was removed, my dress was bustled, and a few sips of champagne later it was time to be introduced as Mr. and Mrs!

builtfo08
Miss a recap? Get caught up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment