Thursday, July 24, 2014

Built for Two: Introductions and First Dance

We had the second floor of Garibaldi reserved for our reception and guests entered by the staircase that was right next to the main restaurant entrance.  When it was our turn to enter the reception, we waited at the bottom of the stairs for our cue.

Unless noted, all photos by Ashley Daniell Photography

Everyone crowded around the top of the stairs, waiting for us to join them.  Flower Girl Pad was particularly excited.


Photo by MOH NYC
Mr. B did not have a strong opinion for our entrance song and I had something brewing in the back of my mind for a while that ended up being perfect.  Mr. B is a huge Tampa Bay Rays baseball fan and one of his favorite players is Evan Longoria.  We both always remarked how cool his "walk up music" was and eventually we figured out it is "Down and Out" by Tantric.  It has this cool violin section to begin, which is what Evan uses to go to bat, before getting into more of an intense song.  The violin part is both memorable and really cool, so I had the DJ play just that part as we walked into the reception - a total surprise to Mr. B.

"Down and Out" by Tantric


I doubt many people understood the song but we did and that's all that matters.

Photo by Best Man Rep


We then hit the dance floor and launched right into our first dance, "White Dress" by Ben Rector.

"White Dress" by Ben Rector

"I never knew that I could love someone like you..."  Nothing could have been more perfect.




We didn't want people to awkwardly watch us dance for three minutes so we had the DJ call everyone to the dance floor to join us after the first chorus.

Cousins!


This next one is Mr. B and me with one of my best friends, Bridesmaid Doc.


Her husband came to join us and apparently this wasn't okay with me?


Haha, I really have no idea what is happening there.

Up next - the blessing and dinner.

Anyone else work a baseball walk-up song into their reception?  I highly recommend it for baseball fans!  In a perfect world I would have chosen Mariano Rivera's song ("Enter Sandman" by Metallica) but I wanted this to be a nice surprise for Mr. B.


builtfo08
Miss a recap? Get caught up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment