Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cake for my Groom?

A groom's cake.  It's a southern thing, I think?  Whatever it is,  I kind of feel like I need one-probably because I am frequently asked what I am doing about one.  There are only two problems with following this "tradition."  First, space.  We don't have it.  I'm concerned enough about how I will get one cake in our venue, thinking of finding room for two is really stressing me out.  Second, cake itself.  Mr. B loves cake and all desserts, don't get me wrong.  His above and beyond favorite dessert, though, is cookies. 

Image via Smitten Kitchen, the world's best food blog
Having cookies as a "groom's cake" doesn't really solve my space problem, though.  Also, will having a pile of cookies be weird?  We went to a wedding a few months ago where cookies were their favor-that could be an interesting way to do something for Mr. B while solving my favor dilemma (to be discussed later...).  I did find a Savannah cookie bakery that looks pretty amazing, Two Smart Cookies.  They do both delicious cookies (monster-peanut butter, M&M, chocolate chip, oatmeal-omg, yum) and iced cutouts:

Image via Two Smart Cookies

I feel like I need that bee cookie, yes?  Anyway, I obviously would do something more symbolic of Mr. B...  Something along the lines of the Gators or golf or triathlons.  Do people really like those frosted cookies, though?  I'm sure Mr. B would prefer the monster cookie described above.   Hmmm...

OK, back to cake.  I guess I could probably find room for one on the same table as the wedding cake if that's the route I choose to go.  I feel like it has to be a Gator cake if it is a cake at all.  Nothing too weird...

Ack!  Albert, you've looked better / Image via Sugar Chef
Maybe something more along the lines of...

Image via The Sweet Treat
Another thought I had was to have the groom's cake at the rehearsal dinner.  Is that something people do?  That would solve my space problem and would allow both cakes to have their own special night. 

Do I need a groom's cake?  If so, can I do cookies?  Can I have it at the rehearsal dinner?  Should I just give up on the whole thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment