Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Topping our Cake

I talked a while ago about the look of the cake we want but I have yet to talk about what will be on top of that cake.  Probably because I have no idea.   To refresh your memory, I plan on our cake looking something along the lines of -

Image via Style Me Pretty / Photo by Jill Thomas Photography

 I do not plan on having any flowers or anything else to really spruce it up, so I guess I need an interesting topper so it doesn't look too boring.  I am really at a loss for what to do, though.  I want to use something that is very much us and represents our lives and/or our wedding.  There are a lot of fleur de lis options out there, but I don't know if that really represents us the way I want it to (even though it is the official symbol of the wedding). 

Image via Customlabels4u.com

My sister sent me this suggestion and I don't think she was kidding:

Image via Etsy
As funny as that one is, I am not super excited about the idea of me looking like I am forcing Mr. B to marry me.  Also, this really only represents him and I would love for the topper to reflect both of us.

I love the idea of incorporating our pets into the wedding somehow and this could be an interesting way to do so.  As a reminder, we have a dog named Tabasco and a cat named Tchoupitoulas:

Personal photo
I know people get models of their pets made for their cake topper, I just worry that no one will be able to do our furballs justice. 

Image via Etsy
Image via Etsy
These can be quite expensive but they are also pretty cute and I think it would be a fun surprise for Mr. B.  We can also display them in our home after the wedding, which is nice. 

We could also do something a little more traditional...

Image via Etsy
Image via Etsy
Whatever I decide to do, I need to get the ball rolling ASAP.  Please help!  What direction should we go?  Has anyone done custom animal toppers?  Recommendations?  Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment