Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Great White

Brides wear white, right?  That's what we do?  I know wearing colors other than white has become increasingly popular, but I would like to keep this part of my journey somewhat old-school and wear as much white as possible to wedding-related events.  I own one pair of white pants and a few white tops and that's it-certainly no white dresses.  Considering I am planning on wearing a white dress for at least three occasions (bridal shower, bachelorette, rehearsal dinner), this leaves me in a bit of a bind. 

Enter: Rent the Runway.  I can spend less on a dress than I would if I bought it and then it wouldn't be staring me in the face post-wedding.  I do plan on buying a few white pieces for the honeymoon (don't worry, I will not be decked out in all white all honeymoon long) but I love the idea of renting most of my needed white dresses. 

First up and the most important/most pressing event - my bridal shower.  It is close and I've been putting off making a decision so I thought I'd put it to the Hive for some input.  Here are my current contenders:

#1: BCBGMAXAZRIA, Mazari Palm
Image via RTR
I really, really like this dress.  Is it too formal for a 2:00 shower, though?  Will the sort-of-peplum make my hips look big?

#2: Lilly Pulitzer, Touch of Sugar
 
Image via RTR
I like how this dress isn't all white.  One of the best features of RTR is that you can see how this looks on real people, which makes me think this dress wouldn't be as short on me.

#3: Lela Rose, Stamp of Approval
Image via RTR
Ahhhh, I love this dress!  The problem?  It is $225.  To rent it!  Seriously?  Next...

#4: Shoshanna, June
Image via RTR
This dress is so cute!  I think I love how it has white but isn't a "white dress."  This could be a top contender...

#5: Erin by Erin Fetherston, Wedding Cake
Image via RTR
The customer photos are all super cute - the dress has a bit more shine to it than this picture shows.  All of the reviews mention one problem, though-the straps are awkwardly long.  No one really seemed to find it to be a problem they couldn't solve themselves, but wouldn't I rather just get a dress that fits normally?

Or should I just scrap the whole "white" thing and go for yellow or a light pink?

#6: ML Monique Lhuillier, Ever After

Image via RTR
 #7: Shoshanna, Watermelon Punch
Image via RTR
#8: Shoshanna, Ikat Swirl
Image via RTR

#9: Trina Turk, Pretty Pink Applique
Image via RTR
Ahhh, too many choices and not enough time.  This is why I need your help!  Which dress do you think is best for a 2:00 Saturday bridal shower?  Should I wear white or not?  Should I just go shopping instead of risking renting something?  Help! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment