Tuesday, August 6, 2013

That Point

(Alternate title: "But I Don't Want To!")

OK, hive, it finally happened - I finally reached that point.  The point I never thought I would get to.  That point where I no longer feel ahead of the game and I actually have things I have to do.  Things that should already be done but aren't.

Via UPROXX
The end of winter and most of spring are my busiest time at work since the Legislative Session runs March-May.  I had a great idea for how to plan my wedding around this-get everything done before Session!  I was sort of able to accomplish this goal but now I am stuck with the leftovers - everything I couldn't do or simply didn't want to do a few months ago.

Sure, a great deal of what still needs to be done cannot happen until I have a better idea of who all is coming, like such as seating plans, finalizing the menu, printing programs, and all that other jazz.  There are a few things, though, that I have not finalized for no reason other than lack of ability (desire?) to make a decision. 

First of all, my wedding is in less than three months and I haven't booked hair or makeup.  I can't believe I just admitted that out loud to the universe.  Way back in February and March I contacted a lot of places and narrowed it down to some good options based on price and availability.  I then all but forgot about it until yesterday, when I decided to freak out about it.  I scoured WeddingWire for every hair and makeup artist in Savannah and emailed almost every single one of them.  This is by far the hardest decision for me to make as an out-of-town bride.  Of course every website will show their best work but what if I book someone based on a good picture and a reasonable quote, only to discover we aren't actually a good fit?  I think I am also in denial about the schedule of events for my wedding day.  Most potential vendors have suggested starting at 8 or 8:30 and I just can't accept this for some reason-I want us all to be able to sleep in and enjoy the day! 

I haven't thought for even a second about our ceremony-the most important part of the whole thing!  Well, that's sort of not true-our pastor gave us a copy of the ceremony and I haven't thought about it since I glanced over it with him.  I need to pick readings.  I still need to ask one of my bridesmaids to do one of our readings (why am I putting that off?!  I will call her tonight!).  I have no idea what we are doing for a song, other than asking Friend AC to sing and telling her to choose whatever she wants.  I really do care about the ceremony, more than anything in fact.  Maybe I am worried that it is easier to get frustrated by stupid reception details than important ceremony ones? 

Our flowers are nonexistant at this point.  My sister and Bridesmaid Nole are in charge and although my sister has talked to me about them a few times, nothing concrete has actually happened. I did attempt to take a look at some calla lilies in person to get a feel for how many we would need for each bouquet but bulk calla lilies aren't exactly prevalent in Tallahassee.  So what do I do?!  Avoid it, that's what.

For the most part I have been so on top of everything-I bought my dress last November, my invitations have been finalized for months, most of our major vendors were booked long before the recommended timelines told me.  And yet - these last few items are eating away at my soul.  Please send help.  And wine.

Anyone else get to that point?  Recommendations of how to get through this final push?

No comments:

Post a Comment