Friday, August 23, 2013

The Best Gifts are Unexpected

Where did we leave off?  Oh, that's right...  We were left wondering what was in the box.


This is how it went down:  The card was signed by all my local bridesmaids and my sister.  What could they have all chipped in for that would be so big?  Our KitchenAid mixer?  Some of our pots?  The box wasn't particularly heavy, though...

I opened the box and amid the tissue paper I picked out a pack of magnets and a pepper grinder.  Huh?  At this point they were all looking at me in a way that made me feel like I was missing a joke or something.  Ummm... Thanks, guys?  You shouldn't have?  Couldn't find a smaller box for these?

Keep going, I thought...  There has to be something you're missing.  And then I saw it:

Image via Crunches for Cupcakes

I knew almost as soon as I saw the box what was in it - the Kate Spade Charm shoes I had been dreaming about for months

I had never seen the navy ones in person and let me tell you-they are even more beautiful than I could have imagined!

Aaahhh!  They're mine!  And I don't have to think about shoes anymore!  A few weeks (months?) back the shoe situation really came to a head and Bridesmaid Nole suggested I take a shoe hiatus and wait until the day after the shower when all of us would drive to Jacksonville to go shoe shopping together.  At first I was happy to put it off but as the weekend got closer I was less and less excited about shopping for shoes all day.  Did I seriously just say that?!  I think there had just been too much pressure and I wanted an easy solution.  Well, it turns out this was their plan all along.  I guess they figured if I was on a shoe hiatus I wouldn't buy anything and then they would be able to give me my Charms as a gift.  Perfection!

Shout out to Weddingbee user Almost Mrs.P for sending me a link to the Charms on sale.  I didn't even click on the link because I told myself I was really going to stick to the hiatus.  And boy, am I glad I did!

Now I have my shoes and my bridal look is complete.  I can't wait to wear them on my wedding day and beyond!  Did anyone else receive a very unexpected gift like this?

All photos personal unless noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment