Monday, August 19, 2013

Bicycle's Bouquet

As I have mentioned before, my sister/MOH and another bridesmaid are handling the centerpieces and the bridesmaids bouquets.  I want a professional to do my bouquet, though, so no one is stressed about it and so it can be a little more elaborate than my gorgeous calla lily bridesmaid bouquet inspiration. 

Image via The Knot / Image by Broxton Art Photography / Design by T’da Design

If you remember, Mr. B's only requirement for flowers is that they don't look like a head of broccoli, which means a traditional bouquet is out.  I want my bouquet to be mostly white, although I cannot stop thinking about the gorgeous pop of a blue anemone.

Image via Chicista Wedding
OK, so we have a white bouquet that is not round and maybe has some pops of navy?  I know I need to go to the florist with some specific images and more concrete ideas than that, so here we go with some inspiration...

Image via Style Me Pretty / Floral Design by Quatre Coeur / Photo by Elisabeth Millay Photography
I like how it isn't too round (like broccoli) and I love the different flowers in it.  I don't really want anything green, though, and although I am loving the succulents trend, I don't think it fits for me.

Image via Style Me Pretty / Floral Design by Holly Flora / Photo by Samuel Lippke
I like how there are some calla lilies in this one in addition to other flowers.  It may be too broccoli-esque, though...

Image via Andrew & Jessica / Floral Design by Bloom
OK, OK, OK... I am not going to become a "peony bride."  But come on - there is a reason peonies are so popular.  They are gorgeous!

Image via Garden on the Square
I am really loving dahlias right now.  They are so pretty!  They lend themselves to broccoli bouquets, though, so I would need to have them mixed with other flowers.

Looking at inspiration is kind of overwhelming and part of me wants to just tell the florist to give me a white (and maybe partially navy) bouquet that doesn't look like broccoli and call it a day.  I'm sure once I actually book a florist they will be able to give me some direction, right?

Does anyone have suggestions for good flowers to use, keeping in mind my wedding is in October?  Did anyone have a non-traditional (read: not broccoli shaped) bouquet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment