Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Parisian With a Chance of Showers

Last weekend I had the honor of attending my bridal shower.  It was something I was both looking forward to and dreading-excited about seeing all my friends, terrified of opening gifts (in front of people!).  My sister/MOH came down from NYC and I am still not sure how she managed to pull everything off while planning from afar, but she certainly went above and beyond!  It was held at Bridesmaid BOC's beautiful home, the perfect setting for our Parisian afternoon.

Add caption
They had all my favorite foods-hummus, black bean dip, homemade cookies, tomato puffs, grilled chicken skewers...  I'm getting hungry just remembering everything.  And the cake!  Oh, the cake...

It was gorgeous and delicious-a perfect combination.  My sister showed off her floral skills, too.

This put me a bit more at ease about our centerpieces since she clearly knows her way around flowers. 
A lot of my friends were there, which was such a nice treat.  Having ten bridesmaids scattered throughout the country meant that not all of my bridesmaids were there but they were all there in spirit. 

We were all hanging out, enjoying the food and Prosecco and before I knew it, it was time to open gifts, which is perhaps my least favorite activity ever.  I am so awkward about receiving gifts but everyone did their best to make it casual and stress-free.

In addition to some great registry items (3 salad spinners?  How did that happen?) I got a lot of great items from off the registry.

Yes, that is a cheese/cutting board in the shape of Florida with a star where Tallahassee is.  So great!

Mr. B's stepmother got me a bridal set from Victoria's Secret, complete with panties, a robe, and a tank top.  Not what I was expecting when I opened the box, but so fun!

I also received a gorgeous fleur de lis serving bowl and fleur de lis wine glasses - my friends know me so well!  The winner of all the gifts, though, came in this box:

The card had the names of all my local bridesmaids plus my sister.  What could be in such a huge box?  You'll have to wait until next time to find out. ;)

As guests left they were given personalized favors.

My mom made little makeup bags for everyone, complete with their name embroidered.  They were filled with bath products and they were a huge hit!

I will admit that I was nervous about the whole thing since I am not a fan of the spotlight, but everything was perfect!  And thanks to all of the Hive's helpful input, I felt great in my Rent the Runway dress. Was anyone else nervous about their shower or am I the only crazy one who hates receiving presents?

Trust me, you want to stay tuned to see what was in the box...

All photos personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment