Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cake!!

Figuring out what to do about the cake was the planning item I was most excited about.  Although my favorite dessert is ice cream, I was still really excited about picking out a cake.  I had a few visual ideas that I liked but I set out with no specific flavor desires.  Mr. B's son told us we couldn't have coconut so that was out, but we had endless possibilities aside from that.

First up, I pinned some "cake-spiration" photos - I knew I wanted something white and simple.  No fondant, no elaborate designs, probably no flowers, potentially no cake topper.  I love simple, white, buttercream, classic.  Here are some of the cakes that caught my eye -

Image via Style Me Pretty/ Photo by Jill Thomas Photography
I don't want the cake to look messy and I fear the option above could look a little messy if not done right.  Next option...



Image via Martha Stewart Weddings / Photo by Sabine Scherer Photography
 This is probably my favorite cake photo.  I think I would remove the flowers, though.

Image via Martha Stewart Weddings / Photo by Dana Gallagher Photography
I like the look of this but I don't know if it is too... well...  I don't know.  Too something.  Too casual?

An easier decision to make was where to buy the cake.  Our photographer got married in Savannah and she sent me a ton of information about vendors she used.  She recommended Baker's Pride and their reviews were really good.  I contacted them and they got back to me pretty quickly with a reasonable quote.  They also told me I could let them know when I would be in town and they would give me a box of different flavored cupcakes for me to try.  Ummm, yes!  I shared this image with Mr. B - the two of us sitting in Forsyth Park, eating cupcakes, drinking champagne...  And he told me that sounded like a trip to take the girls on.  Oh well - the girls like champagne more than he does anyway!

Some of Baker's Pride's Cakes that match my vision -
Image via Baker's Pride

Image via Baker's Pride
Although I am still finalizing the look, it is nice to know we have a bakery booked.  Now to schedule that tasting! 

Will it look to casual or plain with no flowers?  Who wants cake now?  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment