Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Greetings From The Bicycles!

Oh, hiiiii(ve)!  I promised myself I wouldn't do it but I can't help it - I am so excited to bee here!  I am quite honored to be joining such a wonderful group of creative and inspiring brides and I hope I don't let you down!  So, who are The Bicycles??

I was born and raised in New York/Connecticut and moved to New Orleans to attend Tulane University.  Hurricane Katrina forced me to evacuate to Florida, where I have been ever since (taking a major piece of NOLA with me in my heart).  I've worked for the Legislature since I moved and that is how I met Mr. Bicycle.  (Shall we call him Bike?  Mr. B?  Other suggestions?)

We were friends for years and in the fall/winter of 2010 everything fell into place when I moved to Tallahassee permanently just as he was ending his first marriage.  He has two amazing children, ages 10 and 12, and we have two pets (well, 3 if you count our turtle, Sheldon).  Tabasco is a Vizsla who is a bit prematurely grey and Tchoupitoulas is the sweetest cat in the world.  Tchoup was left behind by her owners during Hurricane Katrina and I was lucky enough to adopt her almost a year after the storm.  (For those who are wondering, she is named after a street in New Orleans.)

Tabasco photo courtesy of Ashley Daniell Photography, Tchoupitoulas photo - personal.
We are both endurance athletes.  Mr. Bicycle has completed a lot of triathlons and a full marathon.  I have done quite a few triathlons, multiple marathons, and a Half Ironman.  The Bicycle is a perfect symbol of our hobby!

All photos personal.
We do quite a bit of traveling, which made it difficult to not pick Jet Setter or Road Trip.  Some of our travels are for weddings, some for races, and every now and then we throw in a trip just for fun.  We love sports of all kinds, especially football (New Orleans Saints for me, Gators and Tampa Bay Bucs for him) and baseball (NY Yankees for me, Tampa Bay Rays for him).  Unfortunately, we get to go to more games for his teams than mine, but we will make it to the Superdome for a Saints game one of these days!

All photos personal.
We spend a lot of time at Florida Gator football games in the fall, since Mr. Bicycle has season tickets.  All of our friends tailgate before and it is so much fun experiencing the one thing Tulane didn't (really) offer.

All photos personal.
I can't wait to share the details of the beautiful wedding we are planning in Savannah, Georgia.  It will be classic and uniquely us, filled with fleurs-de-lis (yep, that's the pluralization!) and fun. We are looking forward to involving Mr. Bicycle's children as we take this important step to start our new family. 

So hop on!  The Bicycles are ready to roll!






No comments:

Post a Comment