Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Getting Around

Finally, a battle I won!  And it cost less than I expected!  With a bridal party of 16, the logistics of getting around had the potential to give me a major headache.  Right off the bat I wanted a trolley - it is a common thing in Savannah, it would most likely fit our entire bridal party, and we could get some awesome pictures.

Left Image via Elizabeth Anne Designs / Photo by Pilster Photography           
Right Image via Historic Tours of America
Well, Mr. B wasn't on board.  In fact, he was very much against it, saying he wanted a limo.  OK, fine - I can't force him to do anything he doesn't want to do (yet!) so I started looking for limos.  I really did give it a good try but it did. not. work.  First of all, we would need at least two limos to fit the whole bridal party.  Also, a lot of limos these days are tacky.  Seriously.  So, so cheezy.  My research showed these were my options -


Image via Savannah Limousine Service


Image via A Savannah Nite
Ugh, these images make me cringe.  I cannot drive around in one of these on my wedding day.  I just can't!  So back to the drawing board we went.  And by "drawing board" I mean "trolley."  After explaining the difficulties with logistics and looks, Mr. B agreed we could look at trolley options.  I contacted a few companies in Savannah and settled on Oglethorpe Tours.   


Image via Morgan Gallo Events / Photo by Geoff L. Johnson
Image via Style Me Pretty / Photo by Azelle Photography
 
Ack!  I am so excited!!  We can fit everyone in it and it will make for some super cute pictures.  The plan is for it to pick my ladies and me up for pictures a few hours before the wedding, then it will drop us off at the church and get the guys.  It will then take all of us around for pictures after the ceremony before dropping us off at the reception.  I am going to get some bottles of champagne and maybe some snacks, too.  I think we will even have enough room for spouses/partners of our wedding party to join in!

Cross another item off the list!  Is this cute or is it too trendy?  Are there other options out there?

1 comment:

  1. Not too trendy! I think it's a great idea! And yes, those photos will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete