Monday, March 25, 2013

Haute Baubles

The store where I bought my dress, Vocelles, had a trunk show one weekend featuring jewelry and accessories from Haute Bride.  I picked Bridesmaid BOC up on a rainy afternoon and we headed to our appointment.  On the way I told her what I was looking for - a small dangly earring that was possibly sapphire.  We arrived and were greeted by so much beautiful jewelry -

Personal photo.

There were so many options!  Above is only a sampling of the large selection we got to look at (and try on!).  There was one pair that immediately caught my eye, an oval sapphire stone with a clear crystal halo.

Personal photo.
These were exactly what I described to BOC!  I sent pictures to my sister, who agreed they were a good choice.  The owner of the store could tell I was close to making a decision so she asked if I wanted to put on my dress to see how they looked together.  Yes!  It was so fun to get to put my dress on, even though the store sample was a bit too big (better than the opposite!).  They looked perfect together!  The owner showed me another pair just to see if I could like something any more than I liked those.  She said these earrings could be done with a similar halo as the ones above:

Personal photo.
They were a bit bigger than I wanted so I ruled them out pretty quickly.  I don't think I am going to wear a necklace but this one would be a good choice if I decide to, since it matches the earrings:

Personal photo.
Want to know what may have been the decision maker?  BOC pointed out that they look like Kate Middleton's ring!  Sold!  I think my new theme for the wedding is Kate Middleton - is that OK?

Now the only item left to complete my "look" is shoes, which is turning out to be more of a process than I hoped.  But that's a story for another day! 

How did you complete your look? 

No comments:

Post a Comment